The structural team at Hargrove ensures that facilities have the right structures and foundations in place to support operations. From new greenfield plants to retrofits to simple structural assessments, we understand the challenges of executing projects within operating chemical plants, refineries, and mills.
Our team provides front-end planning and detailed engineering that is in compliance with current building codes and standards such as ACI, AISC, ASCE, and IBC. We conduct evaluations of existing facilities, have experience with ICC-500 storm shelters, and design of buildings and process structures to withstand forces for high seismic and wind velocity areas. Additionally, our team has executed projects using a modular design approach to achieve cost-effective solutions.
The in-house surveying team provides 3D laser scanning to obtain "as-built" data for existing facilities and uses this data with 3D modeling to coordinate our designs with all disciplines. In the process of "building" a client's project via 3D modeling, Hargrove is able to conduct clash detection, review accessibility issues, evaluate the functionality of our designs, and assess the sequence of construction prior to materials and labor reaching the job site.
In addition to our design capabilities, Hargrove provides construction managers and structural inspectors to ensure quality and regulatory compliance.
Hargrove has supported our clients with their facility siting and blast protection programs. This includes evaluating defined blast scenarios, identifying and evaluating buildings located in the blast zones, and designing upgrades to buildings in order to protect personnel in these areas. We regularly work with in house or outside architects to provide structural support on building design.
Areas of Expertise
- Structural Analysis and Design
- Seismic and Wind Force Design
- Structural Damage Assessments
- Structural Evaluations and Retrofit Design
- Forensic Structural Evaluations, Modifications, and Renovations
- Dynamic Analysis of Structures and Foundations
- Floor Loading Evaluations for Change of Use or Occupancy
- Blast Analysis and Design
- Building and Equipment Layout
- Foundation Design for Buildings, Structures, and Equipment
- Deep Foundation Systems
- Steel and Aluminum, Light Gauge Metal, Concrete, Masonry, Wood, and Fiberglass Design
- Rigging and Lift Plan Assistance
- Pedestrian and Roadway Bridge Design
- Modular design for cost effective solutions